The Come to the Table Team at the Rural Advancement Foundation International (RAFI) is excited to announce our Come to the Table Food, Faith & Justice Gathering. This gathering is for persons engaged in food access work in Chatham County.
Date: April 17-April 18, 2018
Location: Dan Pollitt Center // 274 Pittsboro Elementary School Road, Pittsboro, NC 27312
Time: The gathering will take place from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on April 17 & April 18, 2018. Event registration will begin at 9:00 a.m. on April 17.
The Come to the Table Food, Faith, & Justice Gathering provides an opportunity for 35-40 participants to network, dive deeper into conversations on equity, explore possible collaborations, and engage in collective problem-solving.
Discussions will cover issues of racial equity: acknowledging historic and present-day racism and classism in the food system, and how faith-based communities and food access advocates can use an equity lens rather than a charity model to address issues of hunger and food insecurity.
Who Should Come?
Please consider joining us if you:
- are passionate about working to increase food security and strengthen justice in our food system,
- are ready to share, listen, dive into uncomfortable topics and be challenged, and
- want to connect with others in Chatham County to collaborate on common goals.
Goals of this Gathering
- Deepening our understanding of how to build equity in our work: shifting our lens from charity to social change.
- Creating opportunities for collaboration and peer learning.
- Bringing together key stakeholders for strategic in-depth, issues-based discussion and problem-solving on a local level.
Cost: A fee of $45 per participant will be charged and includes meals and snacks during the gatherings. Scholarships are available. To request a scholarship, email Michelle Osborne at [email protected].
How to Register
Space is limited to 35-40 attendees. Click to register for the event by April 7.
Have questions? Contact Michelle Osborne, Come to the Table Program Manager ([email protected] or 919-704-6920).
Download event flyer