This position has been filled.
Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI) seeks a talented individual to significantly increase the ability of rural North Carolina farmers’ markets and other direct market farm outlets to serve low-wealth communities, and to evaluate the potential and limitations of SNAP/WIC at farmers’ markets as a market-based food access solution. The Program Coordinator will work under the supervision of the project manager of Beyond Hunger Relief
, a broader initiative to identify and develop market-based solutions to food access in rural areas. RAFI is a nonprofit organization dedicated to cultivating markets, policies, and communities that sustain thriving, socially just, and environmentally sound family farms. The RAFI office is located in Pittsboro, NC. For more information about RAFI, visit www.rafiusa.org. Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance to farmers’ markets, mobile markets and produce stands participating in RAFI’s Fresh Bucks nutrition incentive program on topics including program administration, recordkeeping, program evaluation, fundraising, community engagement, cultural competency, marketing, and starting a program.
- Organize 3-4 trainings for farmers markets on topics including: obtaining an FNS number, acquiring EBT equipment, building an incentive program, increasing the accessibility of a market, evaluating program performance, and fundraising for market programs
- Revise “A Guide to SNAP/EBT at Farmers’ Markets in NC,” to include updated information, additional content on cultural competency, and case studies of different EBT programs
- Conduct 4-5 case studies of EBT programs at North Carolina farmers’ markets
- Evaluate and report on program activities and performance
- Collaborate on grant applications and assist with fundraising as needed
- Experience in farmers’ market management including experience running an EBT and incentives program
- Knowledge of and experience with SNAP and other federal nutrition programs
- Understanding of issues related to food security, food sovereignty, and rural economies
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Success in working collaboratively and building solid working relationships
- Familiarity with faith, food security, and farm communities in North Carolina
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
- Experience with program evaluation and grant-writing a plus
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment a plus
- Applicants must demonstrate a proven track record of cultural competency and power analysis, especially when working with people of color, low wealth communities, rural communities, people with limited English proficiency (LEP) and veterans. Must also demonstrate ability to work effectively with diverse communities and build coalition across unlikely partnerships.
Hourly rate of $20/hr and a generous benefits package that includes health insurance, dental and vision coverage, retirement plan and five weeks annual leave. This position is grant-funded. Grant-funded positions are contingent on the renewal of the grant. Type:
Grant-funded; Full-time >> Click Here to Apply Online. RAFI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental handicap, matriculation, or political affiliation.