The Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI-USA) seeks a part-time Field Coordinator to work within the Contract Agriculture Reform program. This person will be expected to work from Eastern North Carolina while maintaining regular contact with RAFI staff located at the Pittsboro office. The position has a potential to extend beyond one year, contingent on fundraising opportunities.This person will work especially with contract livestock producers to provide support, develop a leadership training, and conduct a listening tour in Eastern North Carolina. RAFI-USA seeks an organized individual with knowledge of farming and the ability to work independently. The field coordinator will work closely with other RAFI-USA staff in the Contract Agriculture Reform program to reach the program’s goals. The Field Coordinator will work remotely in Eastern North Carolina, but may be required to travel to RAFI’s office in Pittsboro on occasion.
- Work with program staff to develop relationships with contract livestock farmers in Eastern North Carolina
- Work with staff and farmers to develop curriculum for a Farmer Leadership Development Training
- Assist in planning and logistics for trainings and events
- Coordinate and implement a listening tour in Eastern North Carolina
- Coordinate farmer advisory network calls when necessary
- Support CAR Program team in related projects
- Resident of Eastern North Carolina or have connections to the community
- Background in farming, preferably contract livestock farming
- Knowledge of RAFI-USA’s mission and core values
Compensation $24.14 per hour with an average of 15 hours per week with initial funding available for 10-12 months. Position has the potential to continue in 2020 if funding becomes available. Mileage reimbursement is available for approved travel.
To Apply: Please send your resume to Michelle Osborne ([email protected]). We will accept resumes until the position is filled. If you have any questions about the position, feel free to reach out to Michelle Osborne at 919-542-1396 ext. 2201 or [email protected].