RAFI seeks an organized and efficient individual to assist the Farmers of Color Network (FOCN) team with administrative and program support functions. Founded in 2017, the FOCN serves BIPOC farmers in five major areas: grant funding and assisting farmers with accessing other financial resources; on-farm technical assistance; increasing market visibility and facilitating market solutions; peer support, including work and learning exchanges; and cultural gatherings that uplift the history, culture, agricultural expertise, and story of farmers of color.
The FOCN Project Coordinator’s primary role will be to assist with the administrative aspects of farmer relationship management, such as data collection and management and collaborating with FOCN staff on newsletter, webinar, & social media content creation highlighting the stories of various farmers, FOCN events and projects. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong attention to detail, ability to work with an effective blend of autonomy and accountability, and communicate well across programs.
- A sound equity analysis and understanding of the history, needs, and challenges of farmers of color;
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector and/or human services a plus
- Experience with data entry and working with a CRM – proficiency with Salesforce preferred
- Enthusiasm for and skill creating story-driven social media and newsletter content.
- Fluency in G-Suite programs, mailchimp, and survey monkey
Database and Farmer Information Organizing (45%)
- Schedule follow-up and Intake for new FOCN members with FOCN Lead Farmer liaison or Program Coordinator. Assist with farmer surveys and needs assessment.
- Add farmers to Mailchimp and CRM software.
Communications Support (40%)
- Help collect and coordinate information with communications director for FOCN Newsletter
- Coordinate with the communications director to create, review/edit, and ensure that content is in place for website, member mailings, or social media posting.
- Outreach about FOCN events, funding opportunities, and projects.
Administrative and Research (15%)
- Keep the FOCN & RAFI staff updated on collaborative work and deliverables.
- Research information and opportunities for new areas of program development
Employment Type: Temporary, part-time
Compensation: Paid hourly from (18-20) hours per week at $21.00 per hour
Duration: This is a 4 month temporary position, from September 2020 to December 2020.
How to Apply: Click here to apply online. We will be accepting applications until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
The Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to sustaining family farms, rural communities and food security. RAFI cultivates markets, policies and communities that support thriving, socially just and environmentally sound family farms. The RAFI office is located in Pittsboro, NC. For more information about RAFI, visit www.rafiusa.org.