RAFI seeks to hire a Development Manager to significantly advance our fundraising efforts and provide internal leadership to our grant writing and individual donor programs. The Development Manager will be responsible for developing RAFI’s fundraising program strategies in collaboration with the Executive and Associate Directors. The Development Manager is also responsible for engaging staff in the fundraising process, and ensuring that our strategies are implemented effectively, including for example: all deadlines are met, reports and proposals are accurate and well written, individual donor appeals are compelling and all donors files are accurate and organized in Salesforce, etc. This position is primarily internally focused, placing a lower priority on external networking. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team leader, highly organized and detail oriented, self-motivated and prepared to take initiative in designing and managing creative fundraising strategies.
- Develops and implements fundraising strategies and oversees fundraising programs.
- Works with Executive Director and Associate Director to develop annual fundraising goals and solicits funds to meet these goals
- Identifies new donors and organizes initiatives to solicit funding.
- Coordinate with program staff to maintain up-to-date grant application and reporting calendar
- Responsible for crafting general support grant applications
- Reviews program grant applications and submits final version to funder
- Maintains organized records of grant awards, grant agreements, final grant budgets and ensures program staff are aware of grant restrictions and reporting requirements
- Update organizational information on BBB, Guidestar, and Charity Navigator.
- Maintain Salesforce cloud-based donor database for individual donors and donations, including processing donations, data entry, tracking and reporting for donations from individuals and businesses/organizations, fundraising appeals, donor communications, and prospective donor information.
- Manages administrative staff in day-to-day performance of fundraising related work.
- Develop and coordinate fundraising appeal campaigns
- Develop monthly fundraising
- Assist with grant reporting and grant calendar as needed, information gathering from staff, tracking deadlines, and submissions.
- Manage weekly list of individual donors for direct communication from Executive Director based on donations and individual donor history, including major donors.
- Assist with general fundraising efforts, including events, meetings, generating fundraising leads and strategies, and outreach opportunities in the local community and online.
- Keep stock documents up to date.
- Maintain stock of fundraising materials and templates.
- Maintain up to date charitable licensing information.
- Act as point of contact for Workplace Giving Campaigns.
Reports to: Associate Director
- Experience with Salesforce
- 5 years experience in fundraising
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and individual donor program management
- 1 to 3 years supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree
This is a full-time salaried position starting at RAFI’s Manager tier with an annual salary of $50,960. RAFI offers highly competitive benefits including 5 weeks paid vacation plus holidays, paid sick leave, 401k, and complete health coverage for employees and dependents including health care premiums, dental and vision, disability and life insurance.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply online. Please submit a resume, cover letter and 3 references using our online application form.
Deadline: February 1, 2018
Estimated start date: March 1, 2018