We’re no longer accepting applications for this position.
The Rural Advancement Foundation International (RAFI) seeks a web designer with experience in marketing and communications for a short-term website redesign project. This is a full-time, temporary position, but can also be arranged as a contract position. The project’s duration is approximately two months, and the target completion date is December 5th.
The web designer will work closely with our communications manager in a team effort to fulfill the goals of our client. Specifically, we will redesign and relaunch a website for a food cooperative located in a rural county in North Carolina. The web designer will take part in all phases of the project, beginning with assessing the needs and desires of the client, current capabilities, and long-term goals for the business’s web presence. The communications manager will assist the web designer with establishing a clear scope for the project, web development, and planning for relaunching the new website.
The web designer will need to be located within driving distance of Pittsboro, NC in order to attend regular meetings with the client.
• Knowledgeable about digital media and web design
• Proficiency in front-end web development
• Experience with WordPress
• Experience with major social media platforms
• Marketing and/or communications experience
• Good eye for design
• Clear writing and communication skills
• Extremely organized and attentive to detail
• Ability to work both on a team and independently
• Relevant degree or training in digital media, communications, or marketing
• Training or experience in video production or photography
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other job related duties if needed.
We will be accepting applications until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
RAFI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental handicap, matriculation, or political affiliation.