RAFI seeks a part-time Communications Assistant who will support communications activities, including blog posts and website content, press releases, fundraising appeals, annual reports and social media. The Assistant will help as needed with:
- Managing marketing listservs, including updating, segmentation and integration with donor database; ensure compliance with U.S. CAN-SPAM Act and industry best practices
- Ensuring that the RAFI-USA website is up-to-date, accurate, and reflects the organization’s missionTracking and analyzing communications platforms (website, social media, Mailchimp) and reporting trends;
- Researching best practices and implementing such across all communication streams;
- Curating and producing written and visual/multimedia content for program email lists, websites, and social media networks to raise the visibility of key programs and events;
- Assisting with development of RAFI’s Annual Report and other Development communications
- Assisting as needed with copywriting, content development or design, as well as other duties, including administrative tasks.
We are seeking an individual who is self-motivated to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of agricultural and food systems preferred
- Background in marketing, communications, social media, journalism and/or business management is desired, with 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Must be a strong project manager, able to juggle multiple projects while paying close attention to details.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Microsoft Office, Google Docs.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms, such as Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor, is preferred.
- Must have ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to adapt to different communications styles and strategies.
- Must have the ability to create and implement personal work plans.
This is a part-time position. Can be done remotely. The hourly wage is set at $21 per hour.