Job Posting: Program Coordinator, Rural Faith Community Organizing Initiative
Reports to: Come to the Table Program Manager for Faith-based and Community Partnerships
RAFI-USA seeks an organized individual with strong communication skills to build stakeholder engagement in the Come to the Table program. The primary responsibility of the position is to bring together people of faith and diverse, rural communities across North Carolina to engage in movement building around community-specific issues. With a focus on building new relationships and deepening existing relationships, significant travel will be required to enable face-to-face time with partners. This position will play a key role in coordinating the biennial Come to the Table conference and Fellowship Program, as well as technical assistance and trainings for food/faith projects. Additionally, this position will play a key role in developing our Come to the Table rural organizing strategy.
- Create, maintain and strengthen relationships with faith communities, hunger relief organizations, partner organizations, farmers, and other Come to the Table stakeholders and constituents
- Represent the Come to the Table program in the community through one-on-one-meetings, speaking engagements and other means
- Conduct needs assessments and listening tours to determine campaigns
- Assist with outreach efforts for the Come to the Table network
Conferences and Trainings
- Play key role in organizing biennial Come to the Table conferences and trainings
- Recruit and communicate with a diverse stakeholder advisory committee for gatherings, conferences, and trainings
- Work with advisory committee, program staff and stakeholders to determine training needs and conference themes
- Facilitate group discussions, trainings, workshops and more
- Assist with other administrative duties necessary for the planning of a successful event
- Identify potential clients for technical assistance, perform needs assessments, provide technical assistance, and make referrals as needed
Administrative / Communications
- Assist with program administration and communications, including grant reports, social media, blog posts and newsletter content
- Keep the CTTT team updated on progress on a weekly basis through collaborative work plan on the Google Drive and regular communication
- Contribute to the development of new Come to the Table publications, resources, and evaluation
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
- Desire and openness to engage in internal organizational equity process and learning
- Comfort working with people of faith
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and comfort with public speaking
- Problem-solver with ability to successfully network with diverse groups of people
- Counseling and conflict resolution experience helpful
- General administrative, event planning and program management skills
- Experience in community organizing highly desired
- Experience working with diverse communities and faith-based organizations
- Experience facilitating meetings and conversations on race, justice, and equity
- Experience building relationships, team-building, and community relations
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
Employment Type: Full-time. This position is grant funded for 2 years.
Compensation: This is an exempt, salaried position with an approximate starting annual salary of $42,000.
Benefits: RAFI offers a generous benefits package including health insurance, dental and vision coverage, retirement plan and five weeks annual leave.
How to Apply: Click here to apply online. We will be accepting applications until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
RAFI-USA values an equitable and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer with a deep commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBTQ persons, and other individuals from diverse backgrounds. People from these and other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply. RAFI-USA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental handicap, matriculation, or political affiliation.