- Maintain proper financial records.
- Process bills and reimbursement requests ensuring proper account and funder coding.
- Ensure bills are entered and paid promptly.
- Process and deposit checks. Make deposits and maintain files with supporting documentation.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of all accounts.
- Maintain up-to-date customer and vendor accounts in QB.
- Maintain staff credit cards, including coordinating with staff to facilitate receipt collection and ensuring proper account coding. Review credit card expense reports and reconciles credit card account on a monthly basis.
- Run payroll twice a month.
- Make monthly 401k deposits of employee contributions.
- Work with Development Manager to reconcile donations against deposits. Ensure deposits are split accurately by income source.
- Other relevant duties.
Job Hours: Approx. 20-28 hrs per week; $32.35 per hour
- You are a self-starter.
- You have at least 2 years of full-charge bookkeeping experience with a nonprofit organization and understand the full accounting cycle.
- You are proficient in basic to intermediate bookkeeping functions.
- You are exceptionally detail-oriented and accurate.
- You have excellent project management skills and are able to track the status of multiple tasks and projects at once.
- You have strong communication skills and communicate effectively with colleagues to get your work done.
- You are comfortable learning new technologies with limited support.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, nonprofit work environment.
- You have experience with Quickbooks Desktop.
- You are familiar with Excel and/or Google Sheets, and G Suite/Google Workspace
- You support our mission and share our commitment to social justice and racial justice.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and professional references. We will be accepting applications until the position is filled.
Equitable & Inclusive Workplace Statement: RAFI values an equitable and inclusive workplace. We are deeply committed to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBTQ persons, and other individuals from diverse backgrounds. Research shows that often women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs for which they meet 100% of the qualifications. RAFI is interested in attracting a diverse pool of candidates who want to contribute as a part of a dedicated, hard-working, collaborative team, driven by equity. You need not check every box. If much of this describes you, we encourage you to apply.