The Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA’s (RAFI-USA) mission is to challenge the root causes of unjust food systems, supporting and advocating for economically, racially, and ecologically-just farm communities. We envision a thriving, sustainable, and equitable food system: Where farmers and farmworkers have dignity and agency; where they are supported by just agricultural policies; where corporations and institutions are accountable to their community. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Pittsboro, North Carolina.
We are currently seeking a resourceful self-starter who can flexibly handle multiple projects simultaneously. Strong candidates for this position will have a knowledge of and interest in sustainable agriculture and food systems and be enthusiastic about RAFI-USA’s mission. The job is mostly administrative and includes other duties as outlined below.
- Job Status: Salaried, Exempt (Full-Time)
- Job Hours: Approx. 40 hrs per week
- Location: Pittsboro, NC
- General- Responsible for coordinating and managing technology necessary for remote work arrangement during COVID-19. Serve as administrator for accounts including Zoom, Grasshopper, Expensify Tsheets and others. Manage the organizational calendar and maintain a list of staff remote working schedules. Respond to general inquiries and voicemails on general number and routes calls and inquiries to the correct party. Assist Executive Director with general administrative tasks including preparing expense reports, drafting and/or formatting documents. Organize and maintain up-to-date lists. May help arrange and coordinate travel, meeting space, and meal functions. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Office Space & Grounds- Manage incoming mail and respond to other general office needs. Responsible for appearance of the main office, conference spaces, common areas, and kitchens. Serve as primary contact for all building and ground related issues and work to resolve issues or problems. Work with vendors to ensure grounds are maintained and the building is clean and any maintenance or repair issues addressed. Work with HVAC company to switch settings for new seasons and to perform maintenance. Coordinate annual fire inspection and ensure fire safety/compliance and regular maintenance of fire extinguishers. Troubleshoot and arrange maintenance, repairs, and leasing of all office equipment and services.
- Supplies & Printed Materials – Order and maintain the supplies for office and programs, including cost-considerations, manage supply storage area, maintain a general inventory database of items in storage.
- Information Technology – Maintain list of technology assets. Act as point-person for outsourced IT group. Train, distribute, and coordinate staff for use of IT systems and equipment. Act as admin of online accounts, including Zoom, Docusign and others.
- Human Resources & Benefits – Maintain personnel records. Ensure annual performance evaluations and other HR documents are filed. Assist in drafting hiring letters. Coordinate the annual renewal of benefits. Maintain up to date staff roster and census.
- Onboarding – Provide orientation to new staff regarding IT, office practices, policies and procedures and building logistics. Help schedule additional onboarding activities. Provide overview of staff benefits. Ensure new staff are provided with new accounts/services / equipment / software as needed and that accounts/services for terminated employees are closed.
- Board of Directors – Support the Executive Director in management of the Board of Directors, including meeting coordination, materials preparation, and clear and timely communication.
- Records – Maintain paper files for all RAFI’s administrative and operations functions (HR, Finance, Legal, Compliance including vendor, bank, HR, fiscal partners, staff, grants, etc.) Maintain up-to-date records of most recent versions of organizational stock documents, forms and manuals.
- Insurance – Act as point of contact for all forms of insurance; workers comp, liability, board officers/directors. Ensure all insurance policies are up-to-date and provide coverage necessary. Maintain up-to-date, readily accessible files with most recent policy documents and declaration pages.
- Financial – Assist with bookkeeping, including data entry, invoice processing, and other duties.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and assignments at once
- Previous experience working in a nonprofit setting
- Familiarity with Google Apps/Suite.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications
- Comfortable working in fast paced environment
- Able to adapt easily to changing environment
- Flexible, must be available occasional holidays and weekends or evening
- Light bookkeeping skills and familiarity with Quickbooks helpful
This is a full-time, exempt position with a starting salary of $44,440 per year. We offer a generous benefits package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental benefits, 401k retirement account, short and long term disability, life insurance, as well as a generous leave package.
How to Apply: Click here to apply online.
RAFI-USA values an equitable and inclusive workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a deep commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBTQ persons, and other individuals from diverse backgrounds. People from these and other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply. RAFI-USA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental handicap, matriculation, or political affiliation.