RAFI seeks a part-time Project Coordinator for the North Carolina Community Garden Partners (NCCGP). NCCGP has recently been adopted as a fiscally sponsored project of RAFI, and is overseen by a panel of advisors alongside RAFI staff. NCCGP seeks an organized individual with strengths in communication and the ability to work independently to manage the administrative, developmental, and programmatic needs of NCCGP. The project coordinator will work closely with a panel of advisors to identify the project’s priorities and grow the new organizational relationship.
The project coordinator will initially be the sole employee of the project, while collaborating with the advisory committee and RAFI staff. This is a part-time position that allows for remote work. For a full description of Project Coordinator responsibilities, read the Job Description available here.
– 3-5 years of experience working in non-profit, public administration or other management position in a similar field or equivalent.
– Strong communication and organizational skills.
– Four-year degree or equivalent experience.
– Interest, knowledge, and experience with community gardens, as a gardener and/or a garden manager.
– Familiarity with the geographic, ecological, cultural, and social diversity of North Carolina.
– Experience networking with NC community and nonprofit organizations
– Skill and experience in social media, website management, and basic software packages, including Google Apps Suite.
$20 per hour, up to 10 hours per week with initial funding available for 10-12 months. Position has the potential to continue in 2019 if funding becomes available. Mileage reimbursement is available for approved travel.
Please submit cover letter resume through the job posting on RecruiterBox. We will be accepting applications until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
About North Carolina Community Garden Partners
The North Carolina Community Garden Partners (NCCGP), a fiscally sponsored project of RAFI, has a mission to 1) improve and expand statewide community gardening efforts, 2) increase and improve community food security, access to healthy food, and capacity to grow food, and 3)strengthen community connections, engagement, collaboration, and resilience.
We and our partners do this by promoting and supporting community gardens, connecting partners, providing education and sharing resources across the state.
The Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to sustaining family farms, rural communities and food security. RAFI cultivates markets, policies and communities that support thriving, socially just and environmentally sound agriculture. The RAFI office is located in Pittsboro, NC.
You must be logged in to post a comment.