Update: This position is now closed and we’re no longer accepting applications
Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI-USA) seeks a talented individual to provide high-level technical assistance and program coordination for North Carolina direct marketing farmers and markets. This individual will work as part of the Expanding Farmers Market Access team to support the creation of alternative local food markets for food producers and farmers of color.
The Program Coordinator will work under supervision of the Expanding Farmers Market Access Program Manager.
RAFI-USA is a nonprofit organization dedicated to cultivating markets, policies, and communities that sustain thriving, socially just, and environmentally sound family farms. The RAFI-USA office is located in Pittsboro, NC. For more information about RAFI-USA, visit www.rafiusa.org.
- Coordinate programmatic components and support administrative tasks associated with the USDA FMPP grant in partnership with Program Manager including: provide individualized technical assistance and coordinate alternative market solutions for direct marketing farmers through online sales, farm to church sales, and collaborative farmer distribution models
- Collaborate with RAFI-USA’s Farmers of Color Network and Food & Faith Partnership Program to build mutually beneficial, long-term working relationships between local farmers and new markets.
- Coordinate evaluation and reporting requirements for participating farmers’ markets and farmers; and analyze and report on program activities and performance to funders and stakeholders.
- Collaborate on grant applications and assist with fundraising as needed
- Adhere to and respect the organization’s policies and procedures including submission of reports on timely basis, attendance at required meetings, etc.
- Experience in local food production and marketing
- Knowledge of and experience with various direct to consumer/local food marketing channels
- Understanding of issues related to food security, food sovereignty, and urban/rural economies
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Success in working collaboratively and building cooperative community relationships
- Familiarity with agriculture or rural development-related state and federal funding opportunities a plus
- Experience with program evaluation and grant-writing a plus
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment a plus
- Applicants must demonstrate a proven track record of cultural competency and power analysis, especially when working with people of color, low-wealth communities, rural communities, people with limited English proficiency (LEP) and veterans; demonstrate ability to foster cooperation and connection with communities around their local food system.
Compensation: Hourly rate of $21/hr. This position is fully grant-funded through 2023. Grant-funded positions are contingent on renewal of grant.
Type: Grant-funded; full-time with benefits. This position will start remotely with the expectation of moving to an in-person position, working from our office in Pittsboro, NC. There will be some travel associated with this work when visiting farmers or local marketplaces.
How to Apply: Click here to apply online.
We will be accepting applications until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
RAFI-USA values an equitable and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer with a deep commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBTQ persons, and other individuals from diverse backgrounds. People from these and other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply. RAFI-USA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental handicap, matriculation, or political affiliation.