Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI-USA) seeks a talented individual to significantly increase the ability of NC farmers markets to serve low-wealth communities, and to evaluate the opportunities and barriers for SNAP, WIC and nutrition incentives at farmers’ markets as a market-based food access solution. This individual will work as part of the Expanding Farmers Market Access team.
Program Coordinator will work under supervision of the Just Foods Project Manager
RAFI-USA is a nonprofit organization dedicated to cultivating markets, policies, and communities that sustain thriving, socially just, and environmentally sound family farms. The RAFI-USA office is located in Pittsboro, NC. For more information about RAFI-USA, visit www.rafiusa.org.
- Coordinate programmatic components and support administrative tasks associated with RAFI-USA’s two farmers market nutrition incentive programs. Track recordkeeping and incentive distribution to participating markets, support program promotion and community outreach, and provide technical support on EBT use at farmers markets.
- Create and facilitate a Community Advisory Board to assess barriers to participation in Triangle region nutrition incentive programs.
- Coordinate evaluation and reporting requirements for participating farmers’ markets; and analyze and report on program activities and performance to funders and stakeholders.
- Adhere to and respect the organization’s policies and procedures including submission of reports on timely basis, attendance at required meetings, etc.
- Experience in farmers’ market management including experience running an EBT and incentives program
- Knowledge of and experience with SNAP and other federal nutrition programs
- Understanding of issues related to food security, food sovereignty, and urban/rural economies
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Success in working collaboratively and building cooperative community relationships
- Experience with program evaluation and grant-writing a plus
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment a plus
- Applicants must demonstrate a proven track record of cultural competency and power analysis, especially when working with people of color, low-wealth communities, rural communities, people with limited English proficiency (LEP) and veterans; demonstrate ability to foster cooperation and connection with communities around local food system.
Compensation: Hourly rate of $21/hr. This position is grant-funded for two years. Grant-funded positions are contingent on renewal of grant.
Type: Grant-funded; Full-time (1 FTE) with benefits. This position will start remotely with the expectation of moving to in-person, working from our office in Pittsboro, NC.
How to Apply: Click here to apply online.
We will be accepting applications until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
RAFI-USA values an equitable and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer with a deep commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBTQ persons, and other individuals from diverse backgrounds. People from these and other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply. RAFI-USA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental handicap, matriculation, or political affiliation.