This position will be responsible for overseeing RAFI-USA’s fundraising strategies in collaboration with the Executive Director and key program staff. This position will also be responsible for assessing program area needs, hiring staff to fill those needs, and supervising those staff members.
The Development Manager is also responsible for engaging staff in the fundraising process, and ensuring that our strategies are implemented effectively. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team leader, creative, highly organized and detail oriented, self-motivated and prepared to take initiative in collaboratively designing and managing creative fundraising strategies.
This position will be based out of RAFI-USA’s Pittsboro office.
- Work with Executive Director to develop annual fundraising plan and goals and solicits funds to meet these goals.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies and oversees fundraising initiatives
- Identify new individual donors and organizes initiatives to solicit funding
- Develop and coordinate fundraising appeal campaigns; Manage direct mail program
- Responsible for the identification of funding sources, proposal development and submission, contract negotiation, sub-award issuance, and post-award administration (both financial and non-financial) related to funding provided in the form of gifts, grants, cooperative agreements, sponsorships and contracts from funding sources (e.g., foundations, government agencies, organizations or companies) that provide support for the organization’s work
- Coordinate with program staff to maintain up-to-date grant application and reporting calendar; Prepare and submit reports, invoices, financial reports, reimbursement requests and any other documents as required by the funder
- Responsible for ensuring organized records of grant awards, grant agreements, and final grant budgets; Ensures program staff are aware of grant restrictions and reporting requirements
- Update organizational information on BBB, Guidestar, and Charity Navigator; Maintain fundraising information on the website current and maintains stock of fundraising materials and templates;
- Responsible for maintenance of Salesforce cloud-based donor database
- Develop fundraising reports, fundraising forecasts and analyses; Maintain up-to-date fundraising dashboard
- Experience with Salesforce NPSP preferred
- Experience managing a team
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience and success in fundraising and donor program management
- Previous experience working in food and agriculture is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
This position will start at an annual salary of $53,000. Our competitive benefits package includes paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, medical, dental and vision coverage, and a 401k.
How to apply:
To apply complete the online application form and upload a resume with a cover letter, including 3 references. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.