RAFI-USA seeks a values-driven program manager to lead the day-to-day activities of the Farmers of Color Network program and help shape the program’s future strategic direction. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, forward-thinking, experienced, and collaborative leader and will have:
- Deep knowledge and experience with racial equity and intersectional frameworks and approaches and experience working with BIPOC communities and/or organizations.
- Excellent program management skills and attention to detail, with demonstrated experience managing complex projects and the ability to quickly map out project plans, including timelines, budgets, key performance indicators, and ownership of responsibilities.
- A solutions-oriented management approach that creates cohesion in teams.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate a vision confidently in a way that motivates others; ability to quickly synthesize information and communicate it back out to multiple audiences.
- Authentic commitment to the mission of RAFI-USA: to challenge the root causes of unjust food systems, supporting and advocating for economically, racially, and ecologically just farm communities.
Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI-USA) challenges the root causes of unjust food systems, supporting and advocating for economically, racially, and ecologically just farm communities. We envision a thriving, sustainable, and equitable food system where farmers and farm workers have dignity and agency; where they are supported by just agricultural policies; and where corporations and institutions are accountable to their community.
RAFI-USA values an equitable and inclusive workplace. We are deeply committed to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBTQ persons, and other individuals from diverse backgrounds. Research shows that often women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs for which they meet 100% of the qualifications. RAFI-USA is interested in attracting a diverse pool of candidates who have managed complex projects or programs, supported farmers, and who want to contribute as a part of a dedicated, hard-working, collaborative team, driven by equity. You need not check every box. If much of this describes you, we encourage you to apply.
RAFI-USA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental handicap, matriculation, or political affiliation.
Compensation: Full-time position. Annual salary of $67,225 based on 40 hours/week. Generous benefits package includes paid time off, 401k, medical, dental, life, and long/short term disability insurance plans.
We will be accepting applications until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Location: Candidates located in the NC Triangle region strongly preferred.