Pittsboro, North Carolina, United States | Full-time
Job description: Many of RAFI’s programs rely on federal funding sources. These funds allow us to provide needed education, technical assistance, and dollars to farmers to help them thrive. With our increasing federal funding sources, we are looking to hire a Federal Grants Manager who will be an integral part of the team. This position manages federal grants ensuring compliance with federal budget and grant requirements, coordinating with external subaward partners, tracking proper collection of data, managing federal reimbursement requests, and assessing grant deliverables progress.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for post award administration and oversight. Ensures compliance with OMB Uniform Guidance and specific grant program or agency requirements. Serve as a resource for staff of grant funded programs for fiscal and programmatic compliance matters.
- Responsible for oversight of all federal awards; including reports, invoices, outcome measurement, and grant budgets—taking responsibility for meeting high standards of effectiveness, timeliness, and completeness.
- Create and oversee an internal process whereby program staff can clearly track and complete required procedures and reporting requirements of federal grants management.
- Responsible for the management of all subawards supported through federal funding. This involves ensuring that subaward recipients have active and federally compliant contracts, overseeing subaward budgets, processing invoicing requests, and reviewing subaward reports to ensure they meet federal reporting requirements.
- Participating in RAFI’s single audit process for federal funding sources
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong math/accounting skills, strong reading comprehension skills, ability to interpret guidelines and instructions.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and methods of grant administration and grant compliance, including internal control procedures and processes for compliant financial management.
- Must be a strong project manager and able to manage timelines and activities across projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and comfortable holding project staff and subrecipients accountable to federal grant management responsibilities and compliance requirements.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of grants accounting practices and experience with Quickbooks (Desktop)
- Experience with nonprofit auditing process
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platform
- Knowledge of or demonstrated interest in agriculture and food systems
Compensation: Full-time salaried, exempt position. Annual salary of $62,858 based on 40 hours/week. Generous benefits package includes paid time off, 401k, medical, dental, life insurance, and long/short-term disability insurance plans.
Location: Triangle region of North Carolina. Employees are expected to spend 1-2 days in our Pittsboro office weekly.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and professional references. We will accept applications until the position is filled. In your cover letter, please state why you are interested in working for RAFI and share any skills or experiences you have that make you an ideal candidate for this position. Please no calls or emails.
COVID Statement: RAFI-USA’s workplace policies require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless medical or religious exemptions are present.
Equitable & Inclusive Workplace Statement: RAFI-USA values an equitable and inclusive workplace. We are deeply committed to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBTQ persons, and other individuals from diverse backgrounds. Research shows that often women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs for which they meet 100% of the qualifications. RAFI-USA is interested in attracting a diverse pool of candidates who want to contribute as a part of a dedicated, hard-working, collaborative team, driven by equity. You need not check every box. If much of this describes you, we encourage you to apply.
EEO Statement: RAFI-USA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental handicap, matriculation, or political affiliation.