Farmer Resources Coordinator
Application open until the position is filled.
Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI-USA) seeks a talented individual to provide farm business and financial planning technical assistance to BIPOC farmers throughout the Southeast to increase access to FSA loan programs and strengthen farm operations. The Farmer Resource Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Director of Farmer Outreach and Technical Assistance.
- Respond to farmer referrals and provide one-on-one technical assistance to BIPOC farmers in the Southeast on topics including, but not limited to acquiring a Farm Number, submitting an FSA loan application (microloan, operating, ownership), preparing farm financials to apply for loans, restructuring an existing loan, learning more about their fiscal and borrower responsibilities, etc.
- Farmer Technical Assistance: assess farmers’ needs, listen to concerns, present options, provide relevant information, support the preparation of applications, follow up on farmers’ progress, and refer to other organizations and agencies when necessary. Some assistance may be completed during in-person visits if within a reasonable driving distance.
- Record farmer information, technical assistance given, outcome of technical assistance, and other evaluation metrics according to RAFI-USA’s technical assistance procedures and consistent with funding requirements.
- Develop relationships with agency partners and seek out professional development opportunities to increase ability to provide excellent technical assistance to farmers on FSA programs and farm business planning.
- Collaborate with supervisor to compile and write project reports as required by the funder.
- Work collaboratively with the Farm Advocacy program and Direct Service Team to provide comprehensive farmer support and impact tracking.
- Adhere to and respect the organization’s policies and procedures including submission of reports on a timely basis, attendance at required meetings, etc.
- Experience working with BIPOC communities and/or farmers
- Knowledge of and experience with farm business growth, farm financial planning, and FSA loan programs. Demonstrate a basic understanding of how FSA loan programs work.
- Proven verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills that are effective with people of varying backgrounds and computer literacy.
- Proven ability to consistently track and record project metrics and evaluation criteria.
- Commitment to teamwork and ability to proficiently function independently. Self-starter; self-directed work style.
- Must be able to manage multiple technical assistance cases and assignments at once
- Previous experience working in a nonprofit setting is a plus.
- Authentic commitment to the mission of RAFI-USA: to challenge the root causes of unjust food systems, supporting and advocating for economically, racially, and ecologically just farm communities
Compensation: Full-time position. Annual salary of $47,050 based on 40 hours/week. Generous benefits package includes paid time off, 401k, medical, dental, life, and long/short term disability insurance plans.
Location: Remote work compatible.
RAFI-USA’s workplace policies require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless medical or religious exemptions are present.
Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI-USA) challenges the root causes of unjust food systems, supporting and advocating for economically, racially, and ecologically just farm communities. We envision a thriving, sustainable, and equitable food system where farmers and farm workers have dignity and agency; where they are supported by just agricultural policies; and where corporations and institutions are accountable to their community.
RAFI-USA values an equitable and inclusive workplace. We are deeply committed to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBTQ persons, and other individuals from diverse backgrounds. Research shows that often women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs for which they meet 100% of the qualifications. RAFI-USA is interested in attracting a diverse pool of candidates who have managed complex projects or programs, supported farmers, and want to contribute as a part of a dedicated, hard-working, collaborative team, driven by equity. You need not check every box. If much of this describes you, we encourage you to apply.
RAFI-USA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental handicap, matriculation, or political affiliation.