A program of RAFI-USA, Come to the Table’s mission is to empower faith communities to participate in the creation of a just food system through collaboration, capacity building, and advocacy. The full-time Program Associate works closely with the Program Director and team to support and deepen this work. Primary focus includes compiling and promoting communication material for Come to the Table, planning and logistical support for Come to the Table events, especially the biennial conference, and supporting broad programmatic work.
- Communications (30%)
- Assist in implementing program communications, including an annual communications plan, monthly newsletter, social media, publications, blog posts, event promotion, and printed publications
- Engage in social media work to promote CTTT and the programs with which we work
- Assist with Come to the Table website maintenance and enhancement
- Conferences & Events (40%)
- Play a supportive role in managing Come to the Table conferences, trainings, and events
- Provide extensive outreach and communication regarding Come to the Table events, including registration, call for proposals, save the dates, and more
- Provide logistical support leading up to and during Come to the Table conferences and events
- Come to the Table Program Support (30%)
- Create, maintain, and strengthen relationships with faith communities, hunger relief organizations, partner organizations, and other Come to the Table stakeholders and constituents
Desired skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Interest and passion for being a part of a team of committed individuals contributing to a just and equitable food system
- Understanding of and an interest in serving faith communities, farmers, nonprofits and rural communities
- Experience and interest in creating and promoting program communication deliverables (newsletters, resource guides, blog posts)
- Experience and interest in event planning and managing event logistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, detail-focused, forward-thinking individual who brings solutions, creativity, and a sense of humor to a dynamic team environment
Full-time, exempt position with an annual salary of $51,750. This salary amount is based on a tier-system and is non-negotiable. RAFI-USA’s generous benefits package includes paid time off, 401k, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long/short-term disability insurance plans. This position is grant-funded through November 2024.
Supervisor: Come to the Table Program Director
Location of Position: Pittsboro, NC with some work-from-home availability
Physical Demands: Prolonged stationary periods at a computer; travel/driving to visit faith communities and farms.
Travel Expectations: Some travel around North Carolina (approx 2-4 times per month) is required. Occasional travel outside the state may be required. Driver’s license required.
Status: Exempt, full-time, 40 hours/week
Contact/application information: Submit a resume and cover letter here.
Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI-USA) challenges the root causes of unjust food systems, supporting and advocating for economically, racially, and ecologically just farm communities. We envision a thriving, sustainable, and equitable food system where farmers and farmworkers have dignity and agency; where they are supported by just agricultural policies; and where corporations and institutions are accountable to their community.
RAFI-USA values an equitable and inclusive workplace. We are deeply committed to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBTQ persons, and other individuals from diverse backgrounds. Research shows that often women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs for which they meet 100% of the qualifications. RAFI-USA is interested in attracting a diverse pool of candidates who want to contribute as a part of a dedicated, hard-working, collaborative team, driven by equity. You need not check every box. If much of this describes you, we encourage you to apply.
RAFI-USA’s workplace policies require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless medical or religious exemptions are present.
RAFI-USA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental handicap, matriculation, or political affiliation.