Pittsboro, North Carolina, United States | Part-time | Partially remote
Job Description: We are currently seeking a part-time bookkeeper with previous experience working for a nonprofit organization. The position’s hours are flexible, but the person in this position must be available to work regularly during business hours (9-5 Eastern, Monday through Friday).
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Maintain proper financial records.
- Process bills and reimbursement requests ensuring proper account and funder coding.
- Ensure bills are entered and paid promptly.
- Process and deposit checks. Maintain files with supporting documentation.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of all accounts.
- Maintain up-to-date customer and vendor accounts in QB.
- Maintain staff credit cards, including coordinating with staff to facilitate receipt collection and ensuring proper account coding. Review credit card expense reports and reconcile credit card account on a monthly basis.
- Process payroll twice a month.
- Make monthly 401k deposits of employee contributions.
- Work with Development staff to reconcile donations against deposits. Ensure deposits are split accurately by income source.
- Participate in RAFI’s annual audit
- Other relevant duties
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in basic to intermediate bookkeeping functions
- Significant experience with Quickbooks Desktop
- A self-starter who is exceptionally detail-oriented and accurate
- At least 2 years of full-charge bookkeeping experience with a nonprofit organization and understand the full accounting cycle.
- Excellent project management skills and are able to track the status of multiple tasks and projects at once
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues to get your work done
- Comfortable learning new technologies with limited support
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, nonprofit work environment
- Familiar with Excel and/or Google Sheets, and G Suite/Google Workspace
- Support of RAFI’s mission and have a shared commitment to social justice and racial justice
Compensation: $32.35 an hour for 20-28 hours per week. Part-time staff are eligible for RAFI’s 401k program and prorated holiday pay.
Location: Remote, with some preference for candidates in North Carolina.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and professional references. Final candidates will undergo a background check as part of the vetting process. We will accept applications until the position is filled. In your cover letter, please state why you are interested in working for RAFI and share any skills or experiences you have that make you an ideal candidate for this position. Please no calls or emails.
COVID Statement: RAFI-USA’s workplace policies require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless medical or religious exemptions are present.
Equitable & Inclusive Workplace Statement: RAFI-USA values an equitable and inclusive workplace. We are deeply committed to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBTQ persons, and other individuals from diverse backgrounds. Research shows that often women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs for which they meet 100% of the qualifications. RAFI-USA is interested in attracting a diverse pool of candidates who want to contribute as a part of a dedicated, hard-working, collaborative team, driven by equity. You need not check every box. If much of this describes you, we encourage you to apply.
RAFI-USA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental handicap, matriculation, or political affiliation.