Click here to apply online. Applications will be accepted until September 15.
The Rural Advancement Foundation International is seeking a one-year communications fellow position to start this year, for their Pittsboro, North Carolina office. This position comes with a unique opportunity to benefit from training and mentoring from Resource Media, a national communications agency that exclusively specializes in social change. The position has a potential to extend beyond one year, contingent on fundraising opportunities.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced communications expert. The Communications Manager will play two important roles at RAFI: working with Program staff to develop and implement project or campaign specific communications strategies, and raising RAFI’s overall profile by managing our organization-wide communications and social media. In addition the Communications manager will support our ongoing fundraising efforts.
Content Development, Management, and Event Planning
- Collaborate with program staff to develop short-term and long-term outreach plans according to program needs and capacity
- Plan and manage projects that use visuals, video, and/or multimedia storytelling to support RAFI programs. Potential projects could include producing web videos or infographics on timely issues, supervising design consultant work, and designing flyers
- Collaborate with the project teams to develop messaging campaigns to advance the mission of the organization and meet project objectives
- Create an outreach and promotion plan for our in-house documentary film in coordination with the program team, manage documentary sales, licensing and online presence
- Manage, curate and produce written and visual/multimedia content for program email lists, websites, and social media networks to raise the visibility of key programs and events
- Develop and post regular content for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media platforms
- Manage the production of marketing & support materials for conferences, presentation, trainings and special events. Materials may include conference brochures, agendas, workshop descriptions, registration materials posters and more.
- Collaborate with Beyond Hunger Relief team to plan the 2019 Come to the Table Regional Conferences. Develop and help execute a media communications and outreach plan for the conferences
- Participate in fundraising-related activities as needed
- Assist with direct mail activities, including crafting messaging, designing the look and feel of appeals, and working with printers and other contractors
- Lead development of RAFI’s Annual Report
- Help manage email contact lists and opt-outs to ensure compliance with U.S. CAN-SPAM Act and industry best practices
RAFI-USA values an equitable and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer with a deep commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBTQ persons, and other individuals from diverse backgrounds. People from these and other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position will start at RAFI’s Manager tier, $51,000 annual salary. Our competitive benefits package includes 5 weeks paid vacation plus holidays and paid sick leave, full coverage of health insurance premiums and reimbursement of co-pays, dental and vision, and 401k.
This position assumes 40 hours/week, with minimal out-of-state travel.
This position also comes with an intensive professional development and mentoring program, as well as a potential to extend beyond one year, contingent on fundraising potential.
Click here to apply online. Applications will be accepted until September 20.