Workshop on Risk Management Tools & RAFI’s New Online Resource for Farmers
Do you have a plan for managing risk on your farm? Join Rural Advancement Foundation International (RAFI) staff members in discussing crucial farm risk management issues and develop a plan for better addressing risk on your farm. We especially welcome veteran farmers and will focus on a handful of topics related to farm finance and risk management.
Attendees will come away with the knowledge necessary to better assess their credit readiness and an understanding of the different types of agricultural lenders. Relevant federal farm programs and new crop insurance options for small and midsize farms will also be discussed.
- Attendees will receive access to RAFI’s online platform and a free account.
- We will also be providing a free dinner to all of our attendees.
- Attendants will also receive free copies of our published guides, “The Farmers Guide to Agricultural Credit” and “The Farmers Guide to the Development of New Farm Enterprises.”
Our workshop will take place on June 11th, 2015 at the Central Branch Library in Lexington, KY.
- The workshop will take place between 5 to 7 PM (free).
- Dinner will be served from 6:30 to 7 PM (free).
We can only accept the first 20 attendees who RSVP so please let us know in advance if you plan to come!
Contact: Tahz Walker
Program Manager & Farmer Liaison
Farmer Leadership Network Initiative
Email: [email protected]
Tel: (919) 548-6825