Position Title: Farmers of Color Network Grants Coordinator
Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI-USA) seeks an organized and efficient individual to provide high-level grants coordination for RAFI’s Farmers of Color Network (FOCN) Infrastructure Fund. This individual will work as part of the Farmers of Color Network team to support the administrative and programmatic needs associated with the FOCN Infrastructure Grants.
The Grants Coordinator will work under supervision of the FOCN Senior Program Manager and work closely with the Farmers of Color Network Team.
Grants Coordinator Principal Responsibilities: Perform administrative and programmatic tasks associated with the FOCN Infrastructure Grant program.
- Support outreach and collection of applications for the upcoming grant cycle.
- May facilitate grant information sessions, respond to phone or email inquiries and provide technical assistance to applicants as needed.
- Support FOCN Senior Program Manager with assembling review board for application review. Assist with coordination and facilitation of review board meeting.
- Coordinate collection of grant awardee agreements and other required documentation.
- Conduct site visits to grantees’ project sites (within COVID-19 guidelines) and take photographs as appropriate.
- Distribution and collection of final expense reports.
- Assist with project budget and submit invoices as needed.
- Collaborate with Communications and Development teams to provide data regarding the grant administration and/or awardees.
- Work with RAFI staff to look at both the general and administrative structure of the infrastructure grant program and recommend procedures to simplify the program in the coming year.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Success in working collaboratively with staff and community stakeholders
- Experience with grant-writing, review, and submission process.
- Experience with data entry and working with a CRM – proficiency with Salesforce preferred;
- Enthusiasm for and skill creating story-driven social media and newsletter content;
- Fluency in G-Suite programs, Mailchimp, and Survey Monkey.
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment.
- Applicants must demonstrate a proven track record of cultural competency and power analysis, especially when working with people of color, low-wealth communities, rural communities, people with limited English proficiency (LEP) a plus.
Employment Status: Part-time up to 25 hours per week
Compensation: Hourly rate of $21/hr. This position is fully grant-funded through 2021. Grant-funded positions are contingent on renewal of grant.
Type: This position will work remotely with the expectation of working from our office in Pittsboro, NC should COVID-19 protocols permit.
How to Apply:
We will be accepting applications until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA’s (RAFI-USA) mission is to challenge the root causes of unjust food systems, supporting and advocating for economically, racially, and ecologically just farm communities. We work across agricultural sectors, collaboratively through coalitions and cross-programmatically. RAFI-USA works nationally and internationally, focusing on North Carolina and the southeastern United States. RAFI-USA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Pittsboro, North Carolina and incorporated in 1990.