RAFI seeks an organized and efficient individual to provide effective regranting coordination for RAFI’s Farmers of Color Network (FOCN) Infrastructure and Beginning Farmers Fund. This individual will work as part of the Farmers of Color Network team to support administrative and programmatic needs associated with the FOCN regranting program and ongoing farmer case coordination. The FOCN Coordinator will work under supervision of the FOCN Director and work closely with the Farmers of Color Network Team.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- In coordination with FOCN Director, facilitate RAFI’s Farmers of Color Network regranting process: application, criteria, review committee, decision making process, budget, due diligence, etc.
- Works with the FOCN Director and Executive Director to carry out annual program goals for the Farmers of Color Network, Caribbean Farmers Network, and other farmer serving projects as assigned/needed.
- Works with the Managing Director of Programs to ensure program evaluation plans are in place. Ensures FOCN follows program evaluation and tracking plan. Responsible for tracking and reporting on program impact data. Tracks and reports annual, quarterly, and monthly farmer data and demographics. Contributes to the annual report and board program reports.
- Work with FOCN Director to develop up-to-date work plans that will lead to timely completion of assigned grant deliverables, timeline and requirements. Maintains and tracks shared program work plan.
- Maintains farmer case management systems. Supports intake, needs assessment, and FOCN orientation with new farmer members; maintain up-to-date farmer records in the Salesforce database. Maintains intake form and other tools used to manage FOCN membership.
- Responsible for farmer case coordination: responsible for connecting FOCN members with appropriate technical assistance services, referrals, or resources that meets their expressed needs; and recording activities in Salesforce case notes.
- Consistently track and report on farmer site visits and ensure site visit tracking is consistently used across Farmers of Color Networkstaff. Ensure data is reflected in the database.
- Provides outcomes and activities data for inclusion in board reports, organizational outcomes tracking spreadsheets, grant reports and more.
- Works with fundraising staff to ensure completion of grant reporting requirements. Assists with grant writing and drafting grant reports.
- Attends staff meetings, board meetings, retreats, and events, as requested. Participates in Direct Service team meetings, FOCN meetings, and regularly scheduled check-ins with FOCN Director as scheduled.
- Completes administrative duties and adheres to organizational policies and procedures
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Active learner & self-starter, able to work independently
- Detail oriented, able to consistently track and program data
- Success in working collaboratively with staff and community stakeholders
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and timelines
- Experience with grants management process.
- Experience with data entry and working with a CRM – proficiency with Salesforce preferred
- Fluency in G-Suite programs
- Authentic commitment to the mission of RAFI-USA: to challenge the root causes of unjust food systems, supporting and advocating for economically, racially, and ecologically just farm communities
Compensation: Full-time, exempt position. Annual salary of $53,561 based on 40 hours/week. Generous benefits package includes paid time off, 401k, medical, dental, life insurance, and long/short term disability insurance plans.
Location: Triangle region of North Carolina. Employees are expected to spend 1-2 days in our Pittsboro office weekly.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and professional references. We will accept applications until the position is filled but will begin first round interviews the week of January 29. In your cover letter, please state why you are interested in working for RAFI and share any skills or experiences you have that make you an ideal candidate for this position. Please no calls; we cannot guarantee a response to emails.
About RAFI: Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI-USA) challenges the root causes of unjust food systems, supporting and advocating for economically, racially, and ecologically just farm communities. We envision a thriving, sustainable, and equitable food system where farmers and farmworkers have dignity and agency; where they are supported by just agricultural policies; and where corporations and institutions are accountable to their community.
COVID Statement: RAFI-USA’s workplace policies require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless medical or religious exemptions are present.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: RAFI-USA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental handicap, matriculation, or political affiliation.
Diverse Applicants Statement: RAFI-USA values an equitable and inclusive workplace. We are deeply committed to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBTQ persons, and other individuals from diverse backgrounds. Research shows that often women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs for which they meet 100% of the qualifications. RAFI-USA is interested in attracting a diverse pool of candidates who want to contribute as a part of a dedicated, hard-working, collaborative team, driven by equity. You need not check every box. If much of this describes you, we encourage you to apply.