Are you excited by the opportunity to support the work of challenging unjust food systems and creating social change? Are you looking to use your fundraising talents and experience to grow donor support for a successful, multi-faceted organization at the forefront of its field? RAFI-USA is seeking a part-time Development Coordinator to manage and grow our individual donor program. The ideal candidate can balance a variety of responsibilities, is forward-thinking, and brings solutions, creativity, empathy, and a sense of humor to a dynamic team environment.
Position Summary: The part-time Development Coordinator works closely with the Development Director to manage and grow RAFI-USA’s Public Support/Individual Donor program. Primary focus includes donor relations, gift, and database management, report generation, and appeal and materials creation.
Donor Stewardship and Cultivation (40%): Work with the Development Director to create solicitation and year-round engagement strategies for current and prospective donors, including direct mail, email, social media, and videos; Continue ongoing engagement with existing donors and identify and develop new individual donor prospects.
Gift & Database Management (30%): Manage all aspects of the gift entry and donor acknowledgment processes; Maintain an accurate and updated Salesforce donor database with the ability to create reports and generate mailing lists.
Reporting and Compliance (10%): Ensure compliance with privacy and confidentiality of donor information; Provide regular financial and analytical reports on donor activity and fundraising campaigns.
Creating and writing materials (10%): Create annual and other appeals, including the yearly impact report; assist with annual report creation, Maintain fundraising information for the website
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Experience and proficiency using Salesforce or other CRM platforms, Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace, Canva; Eagerness to learn programs is valued in cases where there is no prior experience.
- Organized, detail-focused, a high level of accuracy
- 2-3 years of fundraising experience (in the social justice arena is a plus): Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices.
- The ability to respond appropriately to the cultural differences present among the organization’s service population and staff is required.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills, the ability to meet deadlines independently, work collaboratively with colleagues
- Ability to uphold the highest standards of work including handling sensitive, confidential donor information.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Able to speak confidently to groups of various sizes
- Interest and passion for being a part of a team of committed individuals contributing to a just and equitable food system
Status: Part-time, approximately 20 hours a week
Compensation: Starting hourly rate is $32.35. Part-time employees are able to participate in RAFI’s 401(k) program and paid holidays.
Location of Position: NC preferred; fully remote is also an option
Physical Demands: Prolonged stationary periods at a computer; Lift 25 lbs
Travel Expectations: Limited travel within North Carolina is possible. Driver’s license required.
Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI-USA) challenges the root causes of unjust food systems, supporting and advocating for economically, racially, and ecologically just farm communities. We envision a thriving, sustainable, and equitable food system where farmers and farmworkers have dignity and agency; where they are supported by just agricultural policies; and where corporations and institutions are accountable to their community.
RAFI-USA values an equitable and inclusive workplace. We are deeply committed to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBTQ persons, and other individuals from diverse backgrounds. Research shows that often women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs for which they meet 100% of the qualifications. RAFI-USA is interested in attracting a diverse pool of candidates who want to contribute as a part of a dedicated, hard-working, collaborative team, driven by equity. You need not check every box. If much of this describes you, we encourage you to apply.
RAFI-USA’s workplace policies require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless medical or religious exemptions are present RAFI-USA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental handicap, matriculation, or political affiliation.