Data Management Associate
Job Description: RAFI’s Data Management Associate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth adoption of practical data collection and management processes to demonstrate programmatic impact across the organization. They will work closely with both administrative and program teams to develop and adjust these processes as needed for usability and evolving needs.
- Develop and implement processes to improve data integrity, including but not limited to cleaning, uploading, and updating existing records, eliminating duplicates, and collaborating with programs to ensure that data is accurate and timely.
- With the Managing Director of Operations, develop best practices for RAFI’s Salesforce configuration for program and development staff.
- Build reports, dashboards, and other tools for staff to evaluate their program’s reach
- Build FormAssembly forms that integrate with Salesforce and ensure that the data is integrating correctly
- Train staff on data collection and management procedures and provide ongoing technical support. Assist with troubleshooting issues that arise.
- Work with the Managing Director of Operations to best utilize external contractors for maintenance and customization of the database.
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Experience a CRM database and a form builder, with strong preference for Salesforce and FormAssembly
- Commitment to RAFI’s mission and values
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Desire, willingness, and strong ability to gain knowledge and skills with technological tools and to teach those tools and related policies and processes to others
- Active learner & self-starter; ability to seek information independently, self-educate, and take initiative on projects and work plans.
- Curiosity, intellectual engagement, and an active interest in continual learning
- Works well within a team environment
- Full-time, exempt position
- Annual salary of $53,561 based on an estimated 40 hours/week schedule. This salary was developed using RAFI’s salary matrix and responsibility tier and is not negotiable.
- Generous benefits package includes: 9 paid holidays, up to 80 sick hours as needed, and 2.25 days of annual (vacation) leave accrued a month, 401k, life insurance, and long/short-term disability insurance plans.
- RAFI currently pays for 100% of the dental and vision premiums and 92% of the health premiums (as well as 100% of the health deductible) for staff and their dependents.
Location: Candidates local to the Pittsboro, NC area will be prioritized. Staff currently work in the office 1 day a week.
About RAFI: Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI-USA) challenges the root causes of unjust food systems, supporting and advocating for economically, racially, and ecologically just farm communities. We envision a thriving, sustainable, and equitable food system where farmers and farmworkers have dignity and agency; where they are supported by just agricultural policies; and where corporations and institutions are accountable to their community.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and professional references. We will accept applications until the position is filled. In your cover letter, please state why you are interested in working for RAFI and share any skills or experiences you have that make you an ideal candidate for this position, especially your Salesforce and data management experience. Please no calls; we cannot guarantee a response to emails.
RAFI’s Salary Rates: RAFI’s salary policy is implemented based on the goals of fair, clear and transparent criteria for salary rates with clear standards that minimize the effect of negotiation skills or preference. RAFI’s salary policy sets salary rates for positions based on the responsibility level that the position holds. Given this, RAFI does not negotiate salary rates.
COVID Statement: RAFI-USA’s workplace policies require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless medical or religious exemptions are present.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: RAFI-USA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental handicap, matriculation, or political affiliation.
Diverse Applicants Statement: RAFI-USA values an equitable and inclusive workplace. We are deeply committed to engaging the skills and leadership of people of color, LGBTQ persons, and other individuals from diverse backgrounds. Research shows that often women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs for which they meet 100% of the qualifications. RAFI-USA is interested in attracting a diverse pool of candidates who want to contribute as a part of a dedicated, hard-working, collaborative team, driven by equity. You need not check every box. If much of this describes you, we encourage you to apply.